I have never been a good cookie maker. I don't know what it is about me & cookies. I don't make them very often but every once in awhile I try again. Well, I tried again today. Here's what I got:

They don't look as bad in this picture but they were flat as can be, crispy & I let Gracie & her friend use cookie cutters on 2 of them. You can't even tell! My mom made these exact same cookies with the exact same cookie cutters & they turned out great!
They looked even more ridiculous on the cooling rack. Some of them weren't fully cooked, some of them were over cooked...ridiculous!

Every time I make cookies I ask myself why I even try - then I remember it is something fun that Gracie can help with. She had a friend over & thought it would be a fun project for them. He even said 'those didn't cook very well'! I hope he doesn't tell his mom who is a fabulous cook!
Oh well, I have other strong points - my family can't get enough of my French Toast! I'll just stick to that!






3 comments:
This post made my whole day!!!! Those cookies look awesome and I'm proud of you for continually trying. The key in my mind is, "How do they taste?" I just loved that you showed them on the cooling rack. My other favorite is that you used all this top of the line baking wear and I thought that when you used Pampered Chef that everything at all times looks perfect and tastes wonderful. JK! You crack me up. Thanks for sharing. I have had my fair share of cookies like that too.
Okay, not sure if this will help - do you beat the ingredients before adding the flour and chocolate chips? I beat mine with the electric mixer and it seems to make them a little fluffier? Also, I think it makes a difference if you use real butter or margarine. Although I've never really been able to tell the difference! Kudos to you for trying! I'm sure that they tasted great even if they weren't perfect looking! Fresh baked cookies are always the best! :)
These look like my cookies. Mine always spread out and are thin and crispy. If I use half shortening and half butter they usually don't get so thin and crispy. However, with a snickerdoodle the butter is necessary for the flavor. Still haven't figured out how to get them soft. My guide to a good cookie is whether it tastes good or not. These look like they taste great.
Lois
Post a Comment