Saturday, October 18, 2008

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY CASSIDY!

I cannot believe my sweet Cassidy is already one! But yet she has fit right into our family it is almost like she has always been with us! What a blessing she is! It has been so much fun this past year to discover her personality & what it will bring to our family! She is definitely our little firecracker! It has been awesome to see the bond between her & Gracie - already best friends! Since I shared my labor story about Gracie I will share about Cassidy - a completely different story!



The Dr. stripped my membranes on Wed. morning & gave me some tips on how to get labor going - so I was kind of expecting today would be the day. I went about my usual day - went to Costco, played with Gracie, got the house picked up, all while enjoying cramps! Around 4:30 they started to get pretty intense, but manageable still. I gave Gracie a bath & then called my wonderful friend Sarah, who was taking Gracie, & asked her to come get her before church. Nathan & I enjoyed a nice evening home - it was great! Around 9:30 p.m. my contractions started to get very intense. I still didn't want to go to the hospital because I wanted to spend as much time at home. Around 10:30 I had a contraction & felt like I needed to push, so I told Nathan we better go! We pulled out onto the main road & no joke - there was an accident & our lane was blocked! Nathan rolled down him window & politely told the policeman that his wife was in labor. He kindly let us through & we were off. The contractions were so painful - I tried to breath through them but wasn't doing very good! We got there around 11:55 (the E.R. lady kindly wrote admittance time 12:01) & I immediately asked for my epidural. The nurse said "oh honey, we don't have time!" Nathan said he has never seen such an extreme look of fear! So, it was time to push! The Dr. wasn't even there when I started! 38 exremely painful but quick minutes later sweet little Cassidy was here! Weighing 6 lb. 15 oz.

She has been such a blessing! Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

0 comments: