Growing up I didn't have a lot of great girlfriends. I dealt with most of the girl drama -we're friends today, not tomorrow -blah, blah, blah. Some of the hardest situations I dealt with growing up had to do with girlfriends. I had a few now & then but none that stuck for good. I was always trying to be someone I wasn't - following the crowd.
Today in bible study Beth Moore talked about how we as women are all on a journey together. We need to work together not against each other. She said it is amazing how God pulled all of us women, all from different walks of life, different ages, personalities, yet we become sisters in Christ. Each of us is who we are for a reason & we all have a place.
Every Thursday after bible study a whole group of us moms get together for lunch. It is a time of chaos with 10-15 or so kids running around & then trying to feed them (today a mom forgot to give one her kids lunch - it is that crazy. Note: her son was outside playing & just never came in & asked. She is a great mom!) But it is an awesome time for us moms. We are all so different; we each bring something to the group; we have a great camaraderie (don't know if I spelled that right), that is just so fun to see! It is a great support system & there are some days I could never survive without them! There is no way we could have the type of friendship we do if we weren't all in the same spot of life, just wanting to raise our kids the best we can & be great women of God.
Today I realized I don't need to worry about feeling bad that I am not like this person or that one (one of my weaknesses). God made me who I am for a reason & I have some sort of a place with my group of friends- although I am not sure what it is! And I don't have to worry because my friends really do love me for me! They know all about me & it doesn't change anything! (Although getting my nose pierced did shock most of them : ))
I am so thankful God has blessed me with all of my wonderful girlfriends!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
GIRLFRIENDS
Posted by basil812 at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
You are such a sweetheart, why would you want to be like anyone else! Hey, When are you going Scrapbooking again?
Post a Comment