It is hard to believe but my sweet little Gracie is 4 years old today! It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms after 16 hours of labor - 3 and a half of that pushing! I remember on the 3rd around 3 p.m. I started to feel something, but being 6 days away from my due date, I didn't think much of it. I went on with my day as usual & into the evening they continued off & on. We went to bed as usual & I just lay there, pretty tired but had nice little cramps now & then. I kept getting up & walking around & they kept getting worse. Nathan had had a bad day at work & was really tired so I didn't want to wake him up. Around 1:30 a.m. I couldn't take it anymore. They were painful & I was scared! So I woke him up & asked him to time my contractions. Sure enough, they were less than 5 min. apart & lasted more than a minute - or whatever that rule is! I called & my Dr. said to come on in. I remember leaving the house thinking "we'll be back in an hour". We got to the hospital around 2:30 a.m. & my water broke - this was it! I quickly got my epidural around 5 & waited...& waited...& waited. Finally at noon I was dialated to a 10 & it was time to push. At 3:22 little Gracie came into our lives! It was one of the greatest days of my life! I am a little emotional with her turning 4. It's a big step - she moves upstairs at church to the Preschool Dept. She is no longer a toddler but a little girl - it has gone by way too fast! But it is so fun to see the little girl she has become - Amazing! Thank you God for this wonderful blessing you gave us 4 years ago today!







0 comments:
Post a Comment