Thursday, August 28, 2008

BABY INSOMNIA

I haven't been sleeping good lately - like since I had Cassidy. She has been a good sleeper most of the time, I just haven't. So, I was able to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight & was excited to wake up & feel rested enough to go to the gym! At 12:21 I wake up to Cassidy screaming - so much for a good night's sleep! I go in her room thinking she's poopy or has thrown up (which we have yet to experience with her). No, she's fine. Hungry maybe? No, pushes cup away. Wants to snuggle? For about 2 seconds (What would it be like to have a snuggly baby?) I put her down on the floor & away she goes to play. Why did she have to get me involved in this? She has books & stuffed animals in her crib - ever heard the saying "Party in the crib'? She apparently hasn't! She's back in bed now, happily blowing raspberries while I am up, wide awake. Thanks goodness for FRIENDS dvds! Oh well, I guess I will miss these small moments of one extra kiss when she's all grown up. Now, I wonder if I will make it to the gym tomorrow - ugh!

0 comments: