Wednesday, January 21, 2009

AN EXPLANATION

When Gracie was a baby she was always 'put together'. As in the cutest, cleanest outfits, hair done just right (because she didn't have any), smelled good because she got a bath daily. I had the time to do all of that & cared & pretty much I was much more uptight with her! Well, those days are over.

I was looking at my girls last night thinking "they look like slobs!" Gracie's hair is unmanageable (unless it is washed - like I am going to do that a couple times a day) & she won't let me put anything in it. No gel, leave-in conditioner, nothing. I am lucky if she lets me comb it, if she does let me comb it, it is messed up again in no time! A frizzy mess. Next, she likes to dress herself & hates jeans, so that means sweatpants most of the time. And she doesn't always match. Her face is sometimes a mess & I don't always catch it!

Cassidy is crawling, therefore she is always dirty! She 'walks' around on her knees so the bottom half of her pants & socks are filthy! If they are clean, they are stained so they don't appear to be. I let her feed herself much more than I ever let Gracie (uptight, I know) & am not as picky about the 'right' bib for the right kind of food, therefore her shirts are a mess! With Gracie, as soon as her clothes were dirty I would put her in a new outfit - I DON'T HAVE TIME OR ENERGY FOR THAT! I can't afford to throw away a slightly stained shirt or pants & go by a new one, so she's stuck with them. I don't have time to bathe the girls daily anymore - I am lucky if I can do every other day. Gracie won't let me put lotion on her & Cassidy's skin is sensitive so I can't put too much smelly lotion on her - so they probably stink too!

I really hope my girls are not the 'stinky' ones in the church nursery & I am very sorry if they are! But they sure are stinkin' cute, aren't they?

2 comments:

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

Your kids are adorable! And they are not the stinky ones... those are my kids! lol.

Kemnitz Peanuts said...

Welcome to motherhood! I think this is where we will "live" for the next several years! Steve worries about our kids being the stinky ones too- I am too busy to even worry anymore! :) That's exactly WHY God makes them so cute!